How to Move to Spartanburg, South Carolina The No Fuss, No Muss Way
Moving to Spartanburg SC can be exciting, sad, exhilarating, frustrating or any combination of the above. Whether your upcoming move is a welcome event, something out of your control, or a reason for excitement yet still stressful, you can take control of the process and ease its impact on you physically and psychologically. Learn how to move to Spartanburg, South Carolina the “no fuss, no muss” way using this simple guide for planning, preparation and managing the overall process.
Dealing With the Stress of Moving
Lifestyle publication The Spruce has developed an entire catalog of advice for dealing with the stress of moving – but all of their tips can be boiled down to a few simple reminders to use as you prepare for how to move to Spartanburg, South Carolina:
- Spend time working to get your mind wrapped around the move and even if you aren’t excited to be moving, work on adopting a positive mental attitude to use throughout the process.
- Start preparing for your move as early as possible so that you aren’t scrambling at the last minute, working to bring together details of the move that should have been addressed earlier.
- Seek help and support from others, whether they are in your household and a part of your move, or they are friends and family who can be with you either physically or in spirit. Even a supportive friend from across the country can make a difference.
- Once you pick a moving company, don’t be afraid to rely on their expertise and delegate tasks to them. You are not in this alone.
Learn About Your New Hometown
When you are preparing for how to move to Spartanburg, South Carolina, broaden your research and explore beyond the real estate realm and truly get to know your new hometown, even if still from afar. Here’s a crash course in all things Spartanburg:
- Spartanburg has a population a bit under 40,000 but is close to larger cities like Greenville, and also fairly close to Charlotte, NC and just a few hours from Atlanta and Norcross, Georgia.
- Spartanburg is the home of Denny’s – yum! Get ready to get your breakfast on.
- Spartanburg has a moderate climate, boasting fairly hot, humid summers and mild winters.
- Spartanburg boasts many historical sites and sites of civic and cultural interest. Spend some time on the Spartanburg Convention and Visitors Bureau website to learn about how to stay busy after you move to this bustling little city!
Spend Adequate Time Preparing
Moving is not a fast or easy process, although some moves have to be accomplished in timeframes that may be very crunched for a variety of reasons. No matter if it’s months away or has come about quickly, work to spend adequate time preparing for how to move to Spartanburg, South Carolina.
When you first decide that you will be moving, your first step should be to develop your timeline. Create this in reverse: start with the date or range of dates when you must be or would like to be in your new home. Then work backwards, allowing adequate time for your belongings to move from your current location to Spartanburg, for your current home to be packed, and for the entire planning process to take place, including:
- Letting your current landlord know you will be moving or placing your home on the market for sale
- Determining your budget for renting or buying a new home in Spartanburg
- Investigating the real estate opportunities in your new area
- Traveling to Spartanburg to tour potential homes and selecting the one that best suits your needs
- Working through the process of qualifying to rent or purchase that home
Once the real estate obligations of both ends of your move have been satisfied, you have yet more logistics to decide:
- What utility providers do you have to choose between at your new home? How far in advance can you set them up so they are turned on seamlessly when you move in?
- Are you locked into any utility contracts in your current home and does moving qualify you to break those contracts or will you have to pay an extra fee?
- How will you go about moving medical and school records for members of your household?
Good Housekeeping developed an extensive timeline-based checklist with these items and more to help you stay on track as you work to figure out how to move to Spartanburg, South Carolina – but remember that no list is exhaustive. Spend the months and weeks leading to your move with a notepad never far away from your fingertips so you can jot down reminders as they pop up – withdrawing your children from sports, setting up new bank accounts, changing your car insurance, registering to vote. . .the list of details to track can seem nearly endless.
Looping back to the advice at the start of this guide, remember that although you’ll be handling a million and one details as you work out how to move to Spartanburg, South Carolina, it’s important to not let the stress of the move take over your life. Remember to enjoy everything else still going on right now, parallel to the tasks you’ll complete specific to your move. Practice self-care to remain healthy. Enjoy learning more about your new hometown and visiting there to prepare to become its next resident. And when the time comes, enjoy a “no fuss, no muss” move, because you’ve spent the right amount of time getting ready to go.
Hardy Auston is the President of H.D. Auston Moving Systems. They are an award winning Greenville, South Carolina Moving Company. Founded in 1945, they are recognized for the highest standards and provide local, long distance and corporate moves, packing and storage.