Are you thinking about retiring in the beautiful city of Greenville, SC? Greenville, located in Greenville County, Forbes voted this retiree-friendly city “The South’s Most Tasteful Small Towns.” Greenville was also voted “Best Place To Live In The USA” by the US News & World Report. With plenty of places to explore, like parks, museums, hiking trails, and local historical areas, Greenville, SC, is a great place to retire. Here are the best 55+ communities and senior living communities in Greenville, South Carolina, to consider calling home.
What Is a 55+ Community?
When we hear about a retirement community, our minds often go to being a place for older people to live, and nothing fun happens. But now, there are spaces like 55+ communities (where you have to be at least 55 years old) and active adult communities.
Local senior retirement communities are being transformed into a space that allows adults to come and have fun while creating a community. They’re often close to restaurants, shopping centers, parks, hiking trails, and museums, allowing residents to get out of the house rather than sit around all day.
Benefits Of Living In Greenville Retirement Communities
When it comes to the benefits of living in a 55+ community, there are endless pros. Here are just a few of the top reasons to consider moving to an age-restricted living space.
- No maintenance
- Amenities: hiking trails, fitness classes, bingo, utilities included, free-wifi, community events, barber, and swimming pool are just a few examples of amenities that could be offered
- Helps you stay active
- Make new friends and memories
- Sense of community
- Chef cooked meals
- Low maintenance or maintenance-free home options
- Monthly HOAs
- Depending on the place, the living space can be smaller than you’re used to
- Not every community is pet friendly
Cascades Verdae | Luxury Gated Retirement Community In Greenville
Cascades Verdae is the perfect place for everyone, and is known for being an active adult community here in Greenville, SC.
As an award-winning luxury senior retirement community, Cascades Verdae is a wonderful place to settle down, relax, and enjoy life. Regardless of the activities you enjoy doing, there is something for everyone here at Cascades Verdae!
- Address: 10 Fountainview Terrace, Greenville, SC 29607
- Phone: (864) 528-5501
- Amenities: Fun social events, fine dining from executive chefs, no maintenance required, affordable prices, safe, and wellness center.
- Housing: There is a cottage home design with 2-3 bedrooms and the square footage ranging between 1,796 to 2,637, depending on the style you decide. Then there are also villa apartments with 2 bedrooms and the square footage ranging between 1,226 to 2,170.
- Pricing: When you join the Cascades Verdae active adult community, there is a membership fee (one-time only) and then monthly country club fees. In addition to those monthly fees, the rent payment depends on the home style. For instance, a cottage home can range between $400 to $1,000 per month, and a villa apartment can range between $200 to $700. You can rest assured that every month, your payment will stay the same. These affordable prices allow you to have peace of mind knowing that you’ll be able to afford retirement.
The Aspens Verdae | Thriving 55+ Community In Greenville With Luxury Apartments
The Aspen Verdae 55+ community is one of the best places to live in Greenville, SC! Surrounded by beautiful areas to explore, gorgeous apartments with modern kitchens, walk-in closets, walk-in showers for ease of use, and plenty of natural lighting, you will never want to leave these luxurious apartments.
You can say goodbye to house maintenance with their maintenance-free policy, giving you plenty of time to participate in their fun activities or events and explore the local Greenville community.
If you love golfing, the Verdae Golf Club is less than a mile away from this active adult community! Now, if you’re more of a “foodie,” don’t worry because there are plenty of fun places to try, like the Chestnut Coffee House + Market and Stella’s Southern Brasserie.
- Address: 720 Verdae Blvd, Greenville, SC 29607
- Phone: (864) 432-5077
- Amenities: Private balcony and/or patio, housekeeping services, meal plan, maintenance-free living, fun events, being close to the heart of the city (near the Verdae Golf Club and Legacy Park)
- Pricing: The monthly rent begins at $1,400, but it can increase depending on the size of the space you need. They have one or two bedroom apartments and four floors. If you need a wheelchair accessible unit, these are also available at request. To check out some of the floor plans, click here.
Rolling Green Village | Award-Winning Retirement Community In Greenville
As an award-winning senior living community of the JD Powers Award, Rolling Green Village is a one-of-a-kind retirement community that makes you feel like you’re home, while giving you the freedom to do what you love.
There are apartments for rent, and you can choose between 12 different floor plans–letting you find the one that fits your style.
Now, if you’re interested in purchasing a place, there are six patio homes onsite, and you can buy one if it’s available. Depending on the home you choose, there are 1-3 bedroom options. The one-bedroom option comes with a sunroom, and the three-bedroom comes with a study/office.
A few of the local attractions that the residents love are Falls Park, Peace Center Concert Hall, Swamp Rabbit Trail, and the Greenville County Museum of Art.
Rolling Green Village got established on Christian ideals, and they are on a mission to provide the best service to their residents at an affordable price.
- Address: 1 Hoke Smith Blvd, Greenville, SC 29615
- Phone: (846) 987-4612
- Amenities: Fishing lakes, community garden, dining room and private dining room, arts and craft studio, billiards room, game room, pet-friendly, barbershop, beauty salon, indoor heated pool (saltwater), one complimentary meal per day, and fitness studio
- Housing: Apartments for rent and patio homes for purchase
- Pricing: The pricing is not available on their website, so make sure to directly contact the customer service team to receive information regarding their monthly prices
Overture Greenville | 55+ Active Adult Greenville Community
“It’s your time to thrive” is a common phrase at Overture Greenville. This gorgeous 55+ community in Greenville, SC, is one of the best places to settle down and call home. There’s a variety of fun local activities, amenities, and plenty of areas to explore outside.
- Address: 52 Market Point Dr, Greenville, SC 29607.
- Phone: (864) 305-4196.
- Amenities: Fun social events like happy hour and day trips, fitness classes, join a class to learn something new, arts and crafts, gardening, outdoor swimming pools, and many more resort style amenities.
- Housing: Beautiful resort-inspired apartments with a variety of floorplans to choose from.
- Pricing: For a one bedroom apartment, the monthly price starts at $1,775. Then for a two bedroom apartment, the monthly price starts at $2,000.
Holiday Haywood Estates | Friendly Senior Community With Spacious Apartments
When it comes to living at the Holiday Senior Living facility, they are determined to help you stay fit, engaged, and eating well while providing high-quality service and care. They have everything you need to live a comfortable and relaxing life–while enjoying your retirement to its fullest.
- Address: 1180 Haywood Rd, Greenville, SC 29615
- Phone: (864) 740-1145
- Amenities: Barbershop, fitness center, chapel, theater, private dining room, walking paths, community grounds, on-site laundry, a billiard lounge, game room, pet-friendly, locked mailboxes, library, computer room, country store, and guest suite
- Housing: Apartments with an option for a studio, one-bedroom or a two-bedroom floor plan
- Pricing: The pricing starts at $2,579 per month, but that’s dependent upon the floor plan you decide to go with
Summit Hill | Premier 55+ Gated Community
While Summit Hill is about 30 miles away from Greenville, we wanted to add a bonus option due to the popularity of this beautiful South Carolina 55+ community. Whether you enjoy hanging out with friends inside and playing cards or spending the day biking, golfing, fishing, or exploring nature, there is something for everyone here at Summit Hill.
Say goodbye to house maintenance and hello to fun in your new home, and enjoy the community of Summit Hill.
- Address: 110 Summit Hills Dr, Spartanburg, SC 29307
- Phone: (864) 591-2222
- Amenities: 24/7 security, pools (indoor and outdoor options), wellness membership, don’t have to pay utilities or property taxes, and full maintenance community.
- Pricing: The pricing depends on the type of housing you decide on: a cottage home or a villa home. To learn more about the price breakdown, make sure to contact their customer service department.
Map Of Retirement Communities In Greenville
Here’s a map of the best retirement communities in Greenville, SC, you should consider living in.
Are you thinking about retiring in Greenville, SC? If you need a mover, don’t hesitate to reach out to Auston Moving. We’ve been around since 1945, and our family-led teams will be there for you every step of the way. Our crew members are trustworthy, hardworking, dedicated, and professional Greenville movers who are here to help make your transition seamless. Call us today at (888) 883-2795 for a free estimate!